Sunday, 13 November 2011

Review Jessica'a Guide to Dating on the Dark Side by Beth Fantaskey


Title: Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side
Series: Jessica Series
Author: Beth Fantaskey


Rating: 


Wow. Completely Unexpected.


I decided to read this book because A. It had my name in it and B. it was recommended to me. When I looked online I saw all these people giving it great reviews, and somehow I still had my doubts. The cover of this book made it seem like I was going into a Diary of a 14 year old and so i braced myself.

Not the case at all! She is in fact 17 going on 18 and this was not some princess diaries novel. This was in fact fantastic. Much like Wuthering Height, which was mentioned in the novel, you learn to hate and love Lucius.

Jessica seems like a nice girl throughout the entire novel but she learns that sometimes "nice" just won't cut it.

I thought I had this book pinned down and could predict what would happen nice but that never happened. So many things happened throughout this book and yes maybe during the last chapter I could predict what was going to happen but even then there were many twist and turns up until that point that left me guessing.

The best part...there seems to be a little Twilight in there with Lucius not being able to be with or without Jess. It kept me glued to it. So now I am about to read the short story, I guess you would call it, that the author has on her website about what happens in between this book and the next. And oh yes I will be buying this one for my own collection and buying the next one when it comes out.

Ah....Romance.



My review on Indigo.ca


Next in the Series:
The Wedding of Antanasia Jessica Packwood and Lucius Valeriu Vladescu
Jessica Rules the Dark Side

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...