Sunday, 18 December 2011

Review: Blood Bound by Patricia Briggs


Blood Bound
Author: Patricia Briggs

Rating: 

Reason chosen:

Saw the series on someone else’s shelves and started reading it...Now I have to keep reading them

Summary:

Mechanic Mercy Thompson has friends in low places-and in dark ones. And now she owes one of them a favor. Since she can shapeshift at will, she agrees to act as some extra muscle when her vampire friend Stefan goes to deliver a message to another of his kind. But this new vampire is hardly ordinary-and neither is the demon inside of him.

Taken from Indigo.ca

Good: 

I liked Mercy’s role more in this novel than the first. She seems to have a more active and important role. I felt in the first after she brought Adam to Montana she was just along for the ride but this novel bring out a far more stronger and determined Mercy where the novel is basically centered around her. I also loved her developing relationship with Samuel and Adam...I just can’t get enough of Adam.  I also liked how Briggs makes even the characters you dislike likeable, and gives some of the characters a twist like Ben.

Bad:

There wasn’t much bad in this novel. The only thing I would say is that after the first main confrontation, which happened within the first chapter, things were a little slow until the end.  Otherwise I’m not liking the road that Samuel is heading down-Briggs seems to be leading his character’s destiny down a road that I’m not sure I’m liking.

Overall (Writing style, story line, and general):

Overall I loved this novel. I felt it was strong in both story line and characters compared to the first one. Briggs sometimes has a confusing way of writing in which I have to go back and reread something that I didn’t properly understand, but otherwise she writes some very interesting characters I like Bran and how almost childlike or human he is and hasn’t been human for far longer than any other wolf we’ve met. And Mercy does remind me of Janet Evanovich’s Stephanie Plum but with a little more kick to her.

Viewer Type Recommendation:

Anyone who loves a good supernatural series that doesn’t have the heroine saving the world everyday but simply the lives of the one’s she loves.

If you liked this you'll probably love:


Previously in the Series: 


Next in the Series:

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...