Saturday, 28 April 2012

Quotes! Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins


Here are some of my favourite quotes from my recent read: 
 By Rachel Hawkins



1. “Good luck explaining to God that you used to spank one of his heavenly beings.”
Mom gave a startled laugh. “Sophie!”
“What? You did. I hope you like hot weather, Mom, that’s all I’m saying.”

2. “But this room looked like it had been decorated by the unholy lovechild of Barbie and Strawberry Shortcake.”

3. “Jenna’s bed was covered in what appeared to be deep pink Muppet fur.”

4. “From the two interactions I had with him I assumed Cal was sort of Neanderthal joke type. For one thing, he was super buff, and his hair was dark blond, making him look exactly like your average high school quarterback. Plus I’d barely ever heard him speak more than three words at a time. But maybe there was more than met the eye.”

5. “I heard the man and woman cry a warning as I frantically racked my brain for some sort of throat-repairing spell, which I was clearly about to need. Of course the only words that I actually managed to yell at the werewolf as he ran at me were, 'BAD DOG!'

6. Then, out of the corner of my eye, I caught a flash of blue light on my left. Suddenly, the werewolf seemed to smack into an invisible wall just inches in front of me....

7. "You know," someone said off to my left, "I usually find a blocking spell to be a lot more effective than yelling 'Bad dog,' but maybe that's just me.”

8. “Let's just say you may regret that second piece of cake.'
Oh my God. Regret cake? Whatever was about to happen must be truly evil.”

9. “Well, apparently he didn't go through the Removal. He's still got powers."
"Yeah, powers over your pants,”

Check out the review here


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...