Monday, 30 April 2012

Random Reads May 2012

Its the beginning of the month and you know what that means! Not only are there some books that are coming out his month that I am sure are going to be awesome (ahem...City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare) but it also means another Random Reads!




Random Reads is a lovely meme created my imlovingbooks.com (click link to go to her Random Reads main page), the creator of the lovely series banner and team badges that are seen on my homepage.



For the month of May 2012 Random.org chose:



Virals by Kathy Reichs
(Virals #1)
#34 on my To-Reads list. Added since Nov. 9th 2011


Summary taken from Goodreads.com:


Tory Brennan, niece of acclaimed forensic anthropologist Temperance Brennan (of the Bones novels and hit TV show), is the leader of a ragtag band of teenage "sci-philes" who live on a secluded island off the coast of South Carolina. When the group rescues a dog caged for medical testing on a nearby island, they are exposed to an experimental strain of canine parvovirus that changes their lives forever.

As the friends discover their heightened senses and animal-quick reflexes, they must combine their scientific curiosity with their newfound physical gifts to solve a cold-case murder that has suddenly become very hot if they can stay alive long enough to catch the killer's scent.

Fortunately, they are now more than friends they're a pack. They areVirals.



I have been wanting to read this one for quite some time. Thank you Random Reads! Check out my last months Random Read: The Ghost and the Goth by Stacey Kade.


I love this theme so much I'm thinking of expanding to two a month. Anyone thing that might be a good idea or too much?


Done my Random Read! Check out the review here
Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. That does look like a really awesome book. And yeah there's quite a few good ones coming out this month. I have four preorders I'm waiting on for this month. Karen Marie Moning released Into the Dreaming as a hardcover, previously only available as part of a paperback anthology the hardcover includes bonus scenes from her Highlander series. Amazon claims I'll have it on Thursday which is just irritating since I wanted to have it reviewed for tomorrow. The Serpant's Shadow by Rick Riordan comes out the first week in May, that's the third in the Kane Chronicles series. The week after that is City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Claire and during the last week of May the final Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flammel gets released. Since I've had all four of these on preorder for like forever I can't wait to read them. Anyway happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jenn! I'm actually waiting for the Serpant's Shadow by Rick Riordan as well! I can't stop reading all his series! I'm also waiting for the next Meg Cabot book Underworld which is the second in the Abandon series. Can't wait and happy reading to you too :)

      Delete
  2. I haven't started the Abandon series yet, it's one of those where I want to read it but I never get to it because the TBR pile is already so huge and always growing. From what I understand the Kane Chronicles is only supposed to be a trilogy so I guess this one we're waiting on is the last book. Hopefully he's do a spin off like he did with his Percy Jackson series. When you find characters you really enjoy spending time with it's dissapointing to let them go when the series finishes. I think I could happily go on reading Kane Chronicles and Percy Jackson related books forever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds really interesting, I'll haveto look into it! I hope you enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have seen this a lot around Goodreads. I hope you like it! :)

    Here is my random reads@Bursting Books

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't heard of this book before but I will definitely be checking it out now :) I don't think it would be too much to do two a month.

    I got to meet Stacey Kade last month at TLA--she was so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad you're enjoying the meme. Feel free to do it as many times in the month as you'd like, just put "week 1, week 2", etc next to your name in the linky that way it doesn't look like duplicates.

    If you have the time though definitely not too much. I decided to do it monthly because with review copies and regular stuff I want to read, the month gets filled up quickly! :)

    ♥ Sarah @ I'm Loving Books

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, haven't heard of it but it sure looks interesting.

    http://reviewingshelf.wordpress.com/2012/05/04/random-reads-2-the-man-with-no-secrets-by-felicity-heathcote/

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...