Friday, 11 May 2012

Review: Body & Soul by Stacey Kade


Body & Soul
Series:  The Ghost and The Goth #3
Author:  Stacey Kade
Publisher:  Hyperion
Pages:  316
Format:  Hardcover
Source: Purchased!

Rating: 

Reason chosen:  

I read the first in the series as a Random Read and I loved the series!

Summary taken from Goodreads:

The Ghost
I’ve been trapped in the body of Lily “Ally” Turner for a month now. Talk about a fashion crisis on an epic scale. What worries me more, though, is sometimes I catch Will looking at me like he thinks I’m Lily...or that he wishes I were. Without the good looks of my former self, I don’t know who I am, or if who that is is good enough. I need out of this mess. Now.

Will and I have been looking for a solution, one that would separate me from Lily without killing her. But it’s not going well. Then, when it seems like things couldn’t get any worse, we run into Misty, my former best friend and boyfriend-stealer extraordinaire, who claims she’s being haunted...by me. Seriously?

I’m determined to get to the bottom of who’s pretending to be the spirit of Alona Dare (while I’m pretending to be someone else) and then get the heck out of this body. Or die trying...

The Goth
I’ll admit it. It’s really weird to look at Alona but see Lily. I do know the difference, though, contrary to what Alona might be saying. And Alona is more than a pretty face to me, not that she would believe that.

Our one lead for some help in this messed up situation might be a page torn from the yellow pages-—the “Psychics” section-—I found in my dad’s stuff. One of the “fakes” seems a bit more real-—and odd-—than the others. Before I can investigate further, though, Alona is off and chasing a ghost that’s probably nothing more than a figment of Misty’s guilty imagination. Now Lily’s family is freaking out because she didn’t come home, my mom is ordering me to stay out of it, and something is definitely wrong with the person formerly known as Lily “Ally” Turner...

Review:

The third and final instalment in the series and it was goooood! I loved it. They finally know each other but somehow misjudge how they would react to things when it comes to “Ally”. I just loved it.  They moved out and on from high school to bigger problems like their future. What will Alona choose? What will Will choose? At some points while reading this I wanted to stop and set it aside, maybe it was because I didn’t want it to end or maybe because I didn’t want to know the ending. I mean what they had on their hands was a pretty big situation. If you had died and became a ghost morally would you think it would be ok to take over someone’s body and their life? Or would you choose to leave it and ending up risking disappearance as well as killing the body you inhabited? It seems like either way you could be hurting someone and I was worried about how Stacey Kade would go about talking about it. But, I found I loved the ending, the adventures, and, of course, most of all I loved Will and Alona. Their sarcastic filled relationship keeps you on your toes. And they have the greatest lovers quarrels.

Good:

Alona/Ally: Trying to find her place in this new body, new family, and with Will
Will: obviously a hidden hottie who is trying to figure out what Alona wants, what is right, and just plain and simply what to do.

Bad:

I found that this book seemed to deviate from what was happening in the other two novels. There wasn’t really any moment where Will learnt more about what he truly is, all the powers he has and what he can do with them. There also was nothing what so ever to do with The Order which I thought was something that the second book was building up to. So it felt like a few loose ends were left untied. And the book definitely felt like the ending to the series.

Overall (Writing style, story line, and general):

Overall I still love Stacey Kade as a writer. I found her witty, entertaining and never boring or hard to understand. I find the feelings of the characters (although the situations are far from it) real and the insecurities of the characters real as well. Not to mention the moral dilemmas. I read this baby in about 24 hours and that includes sleep and work so obviously that can tell you how captivating the book was.

Quotes:

Click here to read some quotes from Body & Soul by Stacey Kade

Previously in the Series:

The Ghost and the Goth <- Click for my review
Queen of the Dead<- Click for my review

Viewer Type Recommendation:

f you love a good humour Ghost story with a little romance then this is for you.

If you liked this you'll probably love:


Read Completely:
Oh yes.


Make sure to add this one to your shelves!

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Brilliant review! I'm going to be starting this series REALLY soon- I'm so so excited! :D

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...