Sunday, 20 May 2012

Review: Seizure by Kathy Reichs


Seizure
Series:  Virals #2
Author:  Kathy Reichs
Publisher:  Razorill
Pages:  491
Format:  ebook
Source:  Purchased

Rating: 


Reason chosen:  

The first in the series was chosen as a Random Read for this month and I liked it, so I continued with the series

Summary taken from Chapters/Indigo.ca:

Ever since Tory Brennan and her friends rescued Cooper, a kidnapped wolf pup with a rare strain of canine parvovirus, they've turned from regular kids into a crime-solving pack! But now the very place that brought them together - the Loggerhead Island Research Institute - is out of funding and will have to shut down. That is, unless the Virals can figure out a way to save it!

So when Tory learns of an old Charleston legend about a famous she-pirate, Anne Bonney, whose fortune was never found, she can't believe her luck - buried treasure is exactly what she needs to save the Institute on Loggerhead! Trouble is, she and her friends aren't the only ones looking for it. And this time, the Virals' special powers may not be enough to dig them out of trouble

Review:

So I liked the first one in the series and was keen on reading the second one. This one was a little better than the first. Why? Pirates. That should pretty much sum it up. Although like the previous novel there was still something missing. I think Reichs is just not yet use to writing for young adult readers. Still it was pretty cool learning some of the lessons in this book, and the history was overall pretty awesome to learn too.
Basically Tory and her friends are starting to get a grip on their powers, although they still have no clue what is going on with them, or how it will change in the future but they’re trying. To top everything off they are at risk of being split apart so they go through all the hoops possible to save their pack.
And Tory is working on her debut…which, I find completely hilarious. But she also finally gets some good licks in. I’m just worried that the power that she continues to feel increasing inside her with every flare, the same power that makes her pack leader, will make her loose control

Good:

Tory: She’s smart

Hi: Also very smart and very very funny.

Sheldon: Dido

Ben: The muscle of the bunch. He’s tall, dark, and silence, probably will a little bit of anger issues. Poor Ben. Always having to get kicked, slapped, or insulted to be able to flare. Oh p.s I’m only guessing but I think he likes Tory. Hence why he hates Jason so much. Ahh…teen angst.

Bad:

A little slow and a little long. Sometimes I found that I was over powered with information and lessons that I felt like taking a break but then I also just wanted to blaze though and get the book done.

Overall (Writing style, story line, and general):

Overall I found some of her writing in this novel confusing. She doesn’t mention their moments very well so sometimes I question how they got from one point to another. And when dealing with four main characters there seemed to be confusion with regards to who was speaking and their individual thoughts, even what they were referring to. Causing me to have to re-read something things to make sure I got it right. Overall though I loved the story and characters. But I do question how these kids can get away with so much and their parents never seem to notice until the absolute end. Lucky…

Quotes:

Click here to view some of my favourite quotes.

Previously in the Series:

Virals -> Click for my review!

Next In the Series:

Code ETA: March 7th 2013

Viewer Type Recommendation:

Young adult crime fiction lovers. Paranormal lovers.

If you liked this you'll probably love:

The Mediator Series by Meg Cabot, Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich, Mercy Thompson series by Patricia Briggs, 1-800-where-r-u series by Meg Cabot

Read Completely:
Yup

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...