Tuesday, 19 June 2012

Review: Marriage Bargain by Jennifer Probst

The Marriage Bargain
Series:  Marriage to a Billionaire
Author: Jennifer Probst
Publisher: Entangled Publishing, LLC.
Pages: 225
Format: ebook
Source: Purchased
View/Purchase:  Goodreads

Rating: 

Reason chosen:  

I’m not 100% sure why. I think I saw someone add it to their shelf or recommend it to me via goodreads

Summary taken from Goodreads.com:

A marriage in name only...

To save her family home, impulsive bookstore owner, Alexa Maria McKenzie, casts a love spell. But she never planned on conjuring up her best friend's older brother—the powerful man who once shattered her heart.

Billionaire Nicholas Ryan doesn’t believe in marriage, but in order to inherit his father’s corporation, he needs a wife and needs one fast. When he discovers his sister’s childhood friend is in dire financial straits, he’s offers Alexa a bold proposition.

A marriage in name only with certain rules: Avoid entanglement. Keep things all business. Do not fall in love. The arrangement is only for a year so the rules shouldn’t be that hard to follow, right?

Except fate has a way of upsetting the best-laid plans…

Review:

If the cover didn’t give it away then I’m going to let you know that this book is not for the young. No, this is for adults. This book is filled with…heat.
Although this book lacked a bit of a story line I have to say that the emotion and heat that goes on between the two characters is very well written and I love their love hate relationship. For two people completely attracted to each other they sure have almost nothing in common.

Good:

Alexa: She’s passionate, independent and stubborn.

Nick: Hot. I like him. He’s a billionaire and knows how to be sexy.

Bad:

Alexa and Nick: They were predictable. Why does the guy always play the same part (the determined to be a bachelor forever role) and the girl the girl part (wants love and a family). Someone out there needs to mix it up for the world.

Overall (Writing style, story line, and general):

Overall I found the story line was loss behind the heat and emotions and sex in the book. The majority of the book was about them wanting to rip their clothes off, then they did and it was about them becoming comfortable with each other. The big climax happens with maybe ten pages left. I thought “can you really resolve this in 10 pages?”. It was not enough time to really get a feel for the situation. Not to mention not a lot happens outside of their home/bedroom. What happened to the story line in these types of novels? Not that I didn’t continue to read the book for obvious reasons but sometimes romance and stories actually go well together.

Quotes:

“I suck at it? You’re acting like this is some stupid play you’ve put together for the neighbors. This is real life, and I’m doing the best I can.” “My plays were not stupid. We made a lot of money in admission tickets. I thought Annie was excellent.” He snorted. “You can’t even sing and you cast yourself as Annie.” “You’re still pissed because I wouldn’t let you play Daddy Warbucks.” He plowed ten fingers through his hair and made a noise deep in his throat. “How the hell do you get me on these ridiculous subjects?”

Hell, at this rate she’d end up in the mental institution by the end of the year. Cause: Celibacy.

Next In the Series:


Viewer Type Recommendation:

Lover of romance.

If you liked this you'll probably love:

Yeah…you got me there. This is the first time I’ve read any books like this. Maybe: Ransom My Heart by Meg Cabot/Mia Thermopolis, Some supernaturals: You can always try Katherine “Kitty” Katt series by Gini Koch, Alpha & Omega series and Mercy Thompson series by Patricia Briggs, Sookie Stackhouse seres by Charlaine Harris, and maybe Insatiable by Meg Cabot. Some crime fiction: Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich

Read Completely:
Yes

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...