Monday, 2 July 2012

Quotes- Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins


Here are some of my favourite quotes from my recent read: Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins. (Click the title to view my review.)

As always these might contain or lead your mind to spoilers.

1. “I know you aren't perfect. But it's a person's imperfections that make them perfect for someone else.”

2. “Just because something isn't practical doesn't mean it's not worth creating. Sometimes beauty and real-life magic are enough.”

3. “So do you believe in second chances?" I bite my lip.
"Second, third, fourth. Whatever it takes. However long it takes. If the person is right," he adds.
"If the person is... Lola?"
This time, he holds my gaze. "Only if the other person is Cricket.”

4. “What just happened?"
"Your father invited the former love of your life in for pie."
"Yeah, that's what I thought.”

5. “Anna prods St. Clair's shoulder. "Come on. Weren't you gonna show me that thing?"
"What thing?"
She stares at him. He stares back. She cocks her head toward Cricket and me.
"Ah, yes." St. Clair stands. "That thing."
They rush out. The door shuts, and St. Clair shouts, "Lola, Cricket wants to show you his thing, too-oo!”

6. “And if I'm the stars, Cricket Bell is entire galaxies.”
“I look at you, and I think about you, and ... I don't know. No one has ever confounded me the way you do.”

7. “Why didn't you guys dress up?" Lindsey asks.
"We did." Calliope cracks her first smile. "we're dressed as twins."
Lindsey grins back. "Hmm, I see it now. Fraternal or identical?"
"You'd be surprised how many people ask," Cricket says.
"What do you tell them?" Lindsey asks.
"That I have a penis."
Oh God. My cheeks burn as they all burst into laughter. Think about something else, Dolores. ANYTHING else. Cucumbers, Bananas, Zucchini. AHHHH! NO NO NO NO NO NO NO. I turn my face away from them as Calliope fakes a yakking sound.”

8. “Nathan nods. "Have a good time. Don't do anything I wouldn't do." I hear Andy as I'm walking out the front door. "Honey, that threat doesn't work when you're gay.”

9. “I blame it on his pants.”

10. “I just want you to know that we didn't do anything but talk and sleep - sleep sleep," he quickly adds. "Like with eyes closed and hands to oneself and dreaming. Innocent dreams. I would never do anything behind your back. I mean, never anything dishonorable. I mean-”

11. I’m not even embarrassed to hug my parents in public. Except when Nathan wears a sweatband when he goes running. Because really!

12. “He’s coming over,” Lindsay says. “What do you want me to do? Kick him in the balls? I’ve been dying to kick him in the balls.”

13. Even his hair seemed more startled than usual.

14. “I know. As if I’d ever go for him now that my dad wants me to date him.”
“As if you’d ever go for his again.”
“Right…right.”


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...