Monday, 9 July 2012

Review: Betrayed by Ednah Walters


Betrayed
Series:  Guardian Legacy
Author:  Ednah Walters
Publisher: Firetrail Publishing
Pages: 336
Format: ebook
Source: Provided by Blog Tour Host/Author
View/Purchase:  Goodreads,

Rating:

Reason chosen:

I was asked if I wanted to participate in the blog tour and I jumped right on the band wagon

Summary taken from Goodreads:

Lil isn't just an average teenager. She's one of the Nephilim--the descendants of humans and angels--which gives her some serious psi skills and a mission for redemption. Just when Lil thinks she's found a balance between her normal life with human friends and her training to become a Guardian, she's warned that someone close to her will betray her. When the boy she loves starts acting strangely and one of her human friends acquires a supernatural ability, Lil begins to realize that someone is manipulating the people she loves... and won't stop until she's been lured to the dark side.

Review:

Ok, so I admit I was hesitant of reading this book, but then I started to get into it. Man this thing is like The Mortal Instruments meets Demon Trappers (sort of). There were moments when I was happy and laughing and then there were moments when I wanted to shake and potentially slap a character. There was a moment of trouble when Lil questions people’s loyalties and I was hurting inside for her. Filled with action and twist that I didn’t see coming Ednah Walters brings you into a world that has stared in many young adult reader’s dream, the world of Nephilim, but she mixes it with the world of reality making it almost more relatable than other books.

Good:

Lil: Funny, sarcastic, stubborn. Awesome
Guardian friends: Ha. I love how they fight with each other. I love characters filled with sarcasm
Bran: Man this guy was awesome. Well he had his stupid moments too.

Overall (Writing style, story line, and general):

Overall I found this book was really unexpected. For a book I haven’t heard a lot about it sure made a large impression. When it came to the writing I was a little confused (I didn’t know there was a prequel and it probably fills in some blanks), but mainly I didn’t have an issues with the writing. The sarcasm came out clean and perfect so really how could I say I had an issue with the writing. The story line was original and the flow events were filled with action but fit together perfectly.

Previously In the series:

Awakened (Guardian Legacies 0.5.)

Next In the Series:


Viewer Type Recommendation:

If you’re a lover of the Nephilim, or love a good supernatural story then get a copy.

If you liked this you'll probably love:


Read Completely:
Yes

Click here to check out the book tour info including a GIVEAWAY!

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I've been curious about this one, I think I want to pick it up now.
    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...