Thursday, 12 July 2012

Review: Pride by Rachel Vincent


Pride
Series:  Shifters #3
Author:  Rachel Vincent
Publisher:  Mira Books
Pages:  425
Format: ebook
Source: purchased

Rating: 

Reason chosen:

Read the first and second one, and I’m officially in love with the series.

Summary taken from Chapters/Indigo.ca:

I'm on trial for my life. Falsely accused of infecting my human ex-boyfriend--and killing him to cover up the crime. Infecting a human is one of three capital offenses recognized by the Pride--along with murder and disclosure of our existence to a human.
I'm two for three. A goner.
Now we've discovered a rogue stray terrorizing the mountainside, hunting a wild teenage tabbycat. It's up to us to find and stop him before a human discovers us. With my lover Marc's help, I "think" I can protect the vulnerable girl from both the ambitious rogue and the scheming of the territorial council.
"If" I survive my own trial...

Review:

I almost threw this book at the wall, but then I realized I would smash my Kobo and decided otherwise. That doesn’t mean it was a bad book. Nope, on the contrary. I actually DID throw New Moon when I was reading it and personally I loved the book. Same with this one. I guess it just means that the emotion that was flowing through the book was so believable/relatable or just well written that it brought out the same emotions that Faythe had in me. Which also meant I cried. Twice. This book is friggin awesome. I thought at one point that on of my favourite characters was going to die and I got angry and walked around the house shouting “No! Nope! No freakin’ way!” Then calmed down a bit and got right back to the book. I have experiences books (singles) that brought emotion like that out of me, but never have I experiences a series (other than maybe Twilight and The Hunger Games) that could bring it out of me in every single book. I am seriously very thankful that I started this series when all the books were published because my insides would have be tense with anticipation until the next book and then the one after that. Rachel Vincent is a genius when it comes to writing and I have no doubts that her other series and books are just as good. How can they not be with writing like this? This is officially one of my favourite series (hopefully it ends the way I want it to) and I am officially ordering her other books to get started on those sometimes soon as well.

Good:

Faythe: She can take out a werecat in human form with supplies from the kitchen. On top of that she is determined to get Marc back, so she gets a belly-button ring (because he said it was hot) and walks around scantily dressed. She sure knows how to use her assets.

Marc: Sheer god. Marc Ramos if I could ever meet you, you wouldn’t stand a chance from my pounce. This kitten is your #1 admirer. And I can’t guarantee I wouldn’t make you mad just to see you all riled up.

Jace: I still love Jace too. Sometimes I feel back for him (most the time I do) but he is a decent guy, and I hope that everything ends up good for him.

Ethan: my favourite of the Sanders boys. Just like Jace, but he loves his little sister and protects her. Sigh.

Bad:

Nothing. Rachel Vincent writes so well that I really wanted to punch some of the other Alphas right in the face.

Overall (Writing style, story line, and general):

Overall the writing was beautiful. The humour and sarcasm made me physically laugh out loud. It doesn’t happen very often that I come across a book that makes my heart beat faster (in many ways) and brings tears to my eyes in the right moments.  The heroine in this story is one I wouldn’t mind introducing a younger audience to. Although, there are some “events” in this novel not suitable for younger readers, the character of Faythe is honest, stands up for what she wants, will not be intimidated, and knows the value of honour and family. This series is one that will last the ages and forever be considered an awesome series (so far) in my books.

Quotes:

Click here to check out some of my favourite quotes.

Previously In the series:

Stray ->Click for review 


Rogue-> Click for review

Next In the Series:


Viewer Type Recommendation:

For the lovers of independent and kick-butt girls, who like a little supernatural mixed in and doesn’t mind shedding a tear, this is the book for you.

If you liked this you'll probably love:

1-800-Where-R-You series by Meg Cabot, The Mediator Series by Meg Cabot, Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout, Mercy Thompson series by Patricia Briggs, Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich, Demon Trappers series by Jana Oliver, Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick, Girl in the Arena by Lise Haines, The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare, Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris. And I’m going to say The Hunger Games just because the character of Katniss and Faythe are strong independent women.

Read Completely:
Hells yeah.

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Hey!
    So I've nominated you for the Versatile Blog Award! :)
    http://romancebookie.blogspot.com/2012/07/versatile-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read this series awhile ago and it is amazing. I really enjoy your reviews on this series. I have to agree about Marc. He is amazing. I could just picture him in my head. *combusts*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would have to say that *combusts* is the perfect description!

      Delete
  3. i only read this first book from this series and so far enjoy it but i got spoiler from my friend that make me do not sure whether to continue reading other book from this series or not.

    i like your review :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...