Saturday, 28 July 2012

Review: Werewolf in the North Woods by Vicki Lewis Thompson

Werewolf in the North Woods
Series:  Wild About You #2
Author:  Vicki Lewis Thompson
Publisher: Penguin Group
Pages: 336
Format: ebook
Source: purchased

Rating: 

Reason chosen: 

I had the first one on my to-be-read-pile for quite some time and I really liked the first one.

Summary taken from Chapters/Indigo.ca:

When she used to walk around her grandfather’s property out­side Portland, Abby Winchell loved the idea that Bigfoot was somewhere out there too. Now her grandfather swears he’s seen two creatures that fit the legendary description—and he has evidence. Sort of. Grandpa Earl may be a bit dotty, but when his neighbors invite a renowned anthropologist to disprove his theory, Abby decides to send the man packing...until she sees how hot he is.

Anthropology professor Roarke Wallace can’t risk news be­ing made of a Bigfoot sighting in the north woods—not with a local pack of werewolves to protect. Disproving the evidence should be easy, but ignoring Abby is not. Her fiery red hair makes him want to sit up and beg, and this obvious attraction is making the pack suspicious.…

Review:

This one was much better than the first. I found the story line without as many holes, although some times just conveniently fall into place, I found the situation more enjoyed, and I found the characters more enjoyable. Although I loved the idea that Emma, the lead female in the first in the series, was a writer there is something about Abby that seems to make her more relatable. Maybe it’s the fact that she is doing everything for her Grandfather. I dunno, but I know I like her. I know that I like that she uses her feminine wiles to get Roarke’s attention. I like that this one took place outdoors too. Something about them not being tied to a room all the time made this book far more fun to read. Then there was Roarke. This guy has man masks to wear. The nerdy professor (he takes on an Indiana Jones persona thinking people will take him seriously), then there is the Alpha male strong and determined, and then there is the shy guy. This book had many different emotions, many sexy moments, and a pretty great story line that introduced some furry new beasts.

Good:

Abby: She’s determined. I like that. She is not afraid to blackmail someone for a good cause. I like that too.

Roarke: He’s nervous and shy to shift in front of Abby, he’s also possessive, passionate, determined, a genius, and doesn’t want to fight with her. Love it!

Bad:

There are some minor things such as the emphasis on expensive watches, Abby coasting by with some not so believable lies and some awkward storyline moments. But, although they were awkward they didn’t necessarily hurt the over all story

Overall (Writing style, story line, and general):

Overall the writing was decent, the characters were loveable, and the story was one that I appreciated reading. I’m definitely picking up the third in the series, and I will have to check out the novella. I have to say I am glad that I found another adult series of the supernatural genre.

Quotes:

“You can fly?” “Sure. Why not?” “Well, I’m no engineer, but I would the aerodynamics of that would be tricky. I know Pegasus is suppose to be able to fly, too, but somehow a flying wolf just doesn’t—“ “In an airplane, Abby.” “Oh.” “I grow fur, not wings and feathers.” “Whew. Thanks for straightening that out for me. I was picturing a squadron of werewolves. It was rather frightening.”

“Then again, maybe his harmonica playing will effectively block out the sound of two people having sex.” Roarke gazed at her and slowly began to smile. “On second thought, I love that stupid harmonica.”

Previously In the series:

Werewolf in Manhattan (#1)-> Click for review

Next In the Series:
Werewolf in Seattle (#3)-> Click for Review

Viewer Type Recommendation:

If you love a good supernatural romance check this out.

If you liked this you'll probably love:

Shifter series by Rachel Vincent, Mercy Thompson Series and Alpha and Omega series by Patricia Briggs, Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris, and maybe the Stephanie Plum Series by Janet Evanovich

Read Completely:
Yes

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...