Thursday, 16 August 2012

Quotes! Onyx by Jennifer L. Armentrout


Here are some (many) of my favourite quotes from my recent read
#2: Onyx by Jennifer L. Armentrout. (Click title for review)

There may be some quotes that lead to spoilers. Be careful.

1. “I always liked you. From the moment you first flipped me off.”

2. “I could always give you a teaser. You bookish people love teasers, don't you?”

3. “Not in this lifetime, buddy,” I said finally. “Resistance is futile, Kitten.” “So is your charm.” “We’ll see.”

4. “If there is anything, there is us.
You and me. No one else.”

5. “Daemon was a total babe, but he was stab-worthy, which at times zeroed out the babe part. Not always, though.”

6. Crossing the room, he stopped infront of me. "I'm not going to bite."
"That's good."
"Unless you want me to," He said with a devilish grin.

7. “Cookie?" he offered, holding a cookie full of chocolate chips.
Upset tummy or not, there was no way I could refuse that. "Sure."
His lips tipped up one side and he leaned toward me, his mouth inches from mine. "Come and get it."
Come and get...? Daemon placed half the cookie between those full, totally kissable lips.
Oh, holy alien babies everywhere...”

8. Daemon pressed his forehead against mine. "Oh, I still want to strangle you. But I'm insane. You're crazy. Maybe that's why. We just make crazy together.”

9. Damon Laughed. “I’m only at the service of one person in particular.”
My cheeks flamed as I scooted my chair over. “You are not servicing me in any way.”
He leaned in, closing my newly gained distance. “Not yet.”

10. Whoa. It was hard to stick to my resolve of not caving to the ridiculous notion of us being together when he was actually…nice, and when he stared at me like I was the last piece of chocolate in the whole world.
Which made me think of that damn chocolate chip cookie in his mouth.

11. “We’re still going to be seeing each other,” he murmured. “And don’t even lie. I know that makes you happy, You told me you wanted me.”
Hold your horses. “When?”
“At the lake.” He slanted his headm and I should’ve pulled back. His lips curved knowingly against mine, and he let go of my wrist. “You said you wanted me.”
Both of my hand were on his chest. They had a mind of their own. I claimed no responsibility for them. “I had a fever. Lost my mind.”
“Whatever, Kitten.” Daemon gripped my hips, lifting me onto the edge of he desk with an ease that was disturbing. “I know better.”

12. “You’re not dying,” he said.
“How do you know?”
His eyes latched onto mine. “Because I’d never let that happen.”

13. “What? I’m not suppose to date or hang out with anyone now?”
Daemon smiled. “Anyone human, yes.”
“Whatever.” I shook my head, standing. “This is a stupid conversation. I’m not dating anyone anyway, but if I were, I wouldn’t stop just because you said so.”
“You wouldn’t?” His hand shot out, tucking back a strand of hair behind my ear. “We’ll just have to see about that.”
I stepped sideways, keeping distance between us. “There’s nothing to see.”
Challenge filled his eyes. “If you say so, Kitten.”
Folding my arms, I sighed. “This isn’t a game.”
“I know, but if it were, I’d win.”

14. “What was that?” he whispered, eyes narrowed. There was no mistaking the amusement in the tilt to his lips, though. “Very bad kitty…”

15. “I came over to apologize.”
“What?” I was shocked, awed, and shocked some more.

16. “You always blush when you lie.”
“I do not.” I felt the flush spread down my neck.
“If you keep lying, I think I will have to leave,” he threatened halfheartedly. “I don’t feel like my virtue is safe.”
“You’re virtue?” I huffed. “Whatever.”
“I know how you get.” His eyes closed.

17. I nodded, wondering how one person could single-handedly ruin everything within a minute. It was a talent.

18. His brows were lowered in concentration. Thick, sooty lashes hid his eyes.
They lifted and his lips spread into a grin.
I was in so much trouble.

19. “I…I was just excited.”
“Yeah, I’d say you were,” Dee said, grinning like an idiot.
Daemon was staring  at me like he’s just won the lottery. “I kind of like this level of excitement. Makes me think of—“
“Daemon!” both of us shouted.
“What?” He grinned, tousling Dee’s hair. “I was only suggesting—“
“We know what you were suggesting.”

20. “It’s not me I’m worried about. If they think you blew a satellite out of orbit, they could see you as a threat.”
“Of they could just think I’m that awesome.”

21. “Maybe on day I can be just as lazy as you and turn off lights without moving.”
“That’s something to aspire to.”
… “God, you’re so modest.”
“Modesty is for saints and losers. I’m neither.”
“Wow, Daemon, just wow.”

22. “Jesus.” Blake rubbed his throat. “You have anger management problems. Its like a disease.”
“There’s a cure and it’s called kicking your ass.”

23. Daemon was the pissy pink elephant in the room with a bad attitude

24. “Sure. Whatever. She’s all yours.”
Daemon grinned. “That she is.”
My hand was twitching to connect with his face. “I am not yours.” A small part of me wanted his to deny my words, though.
“Shush it,” he said, walking up to me.
“How about I shush it right up you—“
“Kitten, your language is so unladylike.”

25. “I’m not going to do anything stupid. And even if what I plan is risky and insane, it’s a well-thought-out level of stupidity.”

26. “This car sucks.”
“It was your idea. I, on the other hand, think this car if perfect size. But that might be because I’m not the size of a mountain.”
He snickered. “You’re the size of a little, itty bitty doll.”
“If you say a vacant doll, I will hurt you.” I wound the necklace chain around my fingers. “Got that?”
“Yes, ma’am.”

27. “You know what I’ve been thinking?”
Why I hadn’t crawled over the center console and into his lap yet? Because damn if I was wondering that very thing, but the car was way too small for those kind of  Shenanigans.

28. “Maybe they’re getting some bow-chicka-pow-wow.”
I looked at him. “Ew.”
He flashed his teeth. “She’s definitely not my type.” His gaze dropped to my lips, and parts of me quivered in response to the heat in his gaze. “But now I totally have that on my mind.”
I was breathless. “You’re a dog.”
“If you pet me, I’ll—“
“Don’t even finish that sentence,” I said, fighting a grin.

29. “If you fall and break something, I’m going to be irritated.”
Daemon grabbed my arm as I started to slip.
“Sorry, not all of us can be as awesome---“ I squealed as he slid an arm around my back and lifted be into his arms. Daemon zipped us up the driveway, wind and snow blowing at my face. He put me down, and I stumbled to the side, dizzy. “Could you give me a warning next time?”
He grinned as he knocked on the door. “And miss that look on your face? Never.”
Sometimes I seriously wanted to just punch him in the face, but it made me warm in all the right place to see this side of him again, too.
“You’re insufferable.”
“You like my kind of suffering.”

30. “Can I…?” There was a pause and my heart stuttered. “Can I just hold you? That’s all…that’s all I want.”

31. “Kitten,” he growled roughly.
I kissed him softly, sliding my hands into his silky locks, letting the pieces slide through my fingers. I tasted in him my own rising desire, my own need and heartache. Thrilling. Frightening. I pulled back.
“Kitten,” he said again, voice strained. “You don’t get to do that and then stop. That’s not how it works.”
I stared at him, my breath stalling in my lungs.
“Not when you’re mine.” Daemon backed us up and slid down the wall, pulling me on his lap so I was straddling him. “And you’re mine.”

32. We passed Dee’s empty bedroom. It looked like Pepto-Bismol threw up in there.

33. “Kitten, your mind is a terrible and dirty place.”


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. OH. MY. GOODNESS. YOUR POST JUST MADE MY ENTIRE WEEK! :D I needed something to cheer me up, and wherever there is Daemon, there is happiness! I love all these quotes, simply put, I love the entirety of the books! Great post hun! :D

    Shreya
    Chocolate Coated Reviews

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...