Saturday, 1 September 2012

Review: Thirty Nights With a Highland Husband by Melissa Mayhue


Thirty Nights With a Highland Husband
Series: Daughters of Glen
Author: Melissa Mayhue
Publisher: Pocket Books
Pages: 384
Format: ebook
Source:  Purchased

Rating

Reason chosen:

I came across this book on someone’s read shelf via goodreads. I’ve always had a thing for Scotsmen. Make it a highlander and I had to check out the summary. Then, the summary just made it sound even better.

Summary taken from Chapters/Indigo.ca:

SCOTLAND, 1272. Connor MacKiernan, a descendant of the Fae Prince, is a warrior who lives only for honor and duty. Though he's vowed never to marry, that's exactly what he must do to save his sister. Enter a little Faerie magic, and the search for a bride is on.
DENVER, 2007. Caitlyn Coryell is having a really bad day -- she just discovered her fiancé with another woman! Imagine her surprise when she puts on some sexy lingerie and an antique pendant and Connor appears in her bedroom, begging for her help. He offers a simple yet outrageous adventure: travel to his time, marry him, and return home.
But nothing's simple when Cate is trapped in the thirteenth century. The wedding's delayed, someone's trying to kill her, and in the middle of all this, she realizes she's falling in love with a man who can only be her husband for thirty nights.

Review:

Oh my lord I want to travel to Scotland. Scratch that I simply want Connor. An emotional man fill with duty and pride and wants to protect those that he loves. I swooned. I still swoon. I have no clue where to start. How about a tall sexy guy showing up in your room right after you finally find your self confidence to end your horrible relationship and become a little adventurous. And then, he takes you away to the 1200s. Where men fight for women, fight with swords, protect their family, have pride and duty, and so much confidence. Except when it comes to women. I just loved this read. It was truly a romance novel where he characters fall for one another. And sometimes I just love it when a guy will throw a woman over her shoulder and lock her in a tower for her own protecting. And then the accept. Oh. My. I need a fan. I’m quite pleased I stumbled across this novel. I like the independent main character, I love the sexy bruty main male, and I love the clash of different times. Mostly I love that this was not about sex. Sure there are some very hot and heavy moments, but this was mainly about these two different, yet extremely similar, characters fall in love when pushed by fate. I love that we really get to know them, their background and their inner turmoil’s.

Good:

Cate—Cate has been in a bubble, and it took something very traumatic to see (in my opinion) to finally wake her up and make her take charge of her life. She finally steps outside of her safe zone.

Connor—I love his sense of ethics. He makes a promise and he sees to it. He protects his family at all costs even if it makes him miserable. Truly the honourable guy any of us girls would love. And then there are the moments when he gets cocky and it just makes you smile.

Bad:

The only thing I would mention is that her family is pretty trusting. They tend to believe her very easily. But, I guess that speaks for her character

Overall (Writing style, story line, and general):

Overall I absolutely love this story and can understand how it lead to a series that features 8 books to date. If the second is as good as the first I will be extremely pleased. Even if its not I’m still going to go throughout the entire eight books.

Next In the Series:

Highland Guardian (#2)->Click for Review
Soul of a Highlander (#3)->Click for Review
A Highlander of her Own (#4)->Click for Review
Healing the Highlander (#7)-> Click for review
Highlander’s Curse (#8)-> Click for review

Viewer Type Recommendation:

If you are a lover of true romance.

If you liked this you'll probably love:

Ransom My Heart by Meg Cabot, Tailor-Made Bride and Short-Straw Bride by Karen Witemeyer, Once Burned by Jeaniene Frost,

Read Completely:
Yes

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...