Wednesday, 24 October 2012

Quotes! Alice in Zombieland by Gena Showalter


Here are some of my favourite quotes from my recent read: 
White Rabbit Chronicles #1: Alice in Zombieland by Gena Showalter (Click title for review)

Even though my may be later for a very important date note that these may contain spoilers.

1. “I’ll change your mind your mind and I’ll win you back. It’s just a matter of time.”
“Actually it’s just a matter of time before I feed your balls to my dog.” In an aside to me, she said, “Remind me that I need to buy a dog.”

2. Not that I cared. Or wanted to, I don’t know, go on a date with him, marry him and have his babies.

3. “I don’t know who you think you are or what you think you’re doing,” she snapped, “but I will bury you if you hurt one of my friends.”
…”I think my name is Ali Bell, and I think I’m standing here, minding my own business. You should try it.”

4. He was underhanded, sneaky and manipulative, that was for sure. Too bad I still liked him. “What question do you think I have?”
“Probably the same ones I have.”
No way. Not possible. “Fine, I’ll follow your orders.” Anything for answers. “just as long as you realize that every time you issue one, I’m beating you up in my mind.”
“Realized,” he said, thrums of amusement suddenly evident. “But please refrain from mind-punching my pretty face. I like it just how it is.”

5. I once again tried to pull from his grip, and he once again held on with vise-tightness.
“Try to get away now,” he muttered. “Dare you.”
“I wasn’t trying to get away,” I muttered back. “I just wanted a free hand to slap you with.”
He tried not to grin as he pointed out, “You have a free hand.”
“Well, the urge to hurt you has passed.”
“Lucky me.”
“You have no idea.”

6. “You’re such a chick.”
I widened my eyes in mock surprise. “No way. Are you sure?”

7. “Pretty Sure ML started rumors about me.”
“U thinking what I’m thinking? Dark alley, brass knuckles & prison rules.”
Just like that, I knew. Kat was the best friend I’d ever had.

8. “Your version of playing dress up sucks,” I muttered, tugging on the hem of the shorts.
He barked out a laugh. “I disagree. But if it makes you feel any better, I’ll be stripping don, too.”
“It doesn’t.” I’d probably mumbled incoherently and drool.
His wanton grin suggested he knew exactly what I’d been thinking.

9. My head cracked against the concrete floor, and stars winked in front of my eyes.
It is sad that my first thought happened to be: Thank God I’m off the treadmill!

10. “Wow. Gently remove your tampon, Holland, and throw her around like a man,” Frosty called.

11. “One time frosty left me two seconds after we finished, just kind of pulling on his clothes as he jumped out my window, and I was like, are you freaking kidding me with this, but of course he couldn’t answer because he freaking wasn’t there!”

12. “Don’t make me slap you out of your crazy.”

13. “Are we official? I mean, are we together and only seeing each other?”
He paused on the porch to look at me, a strange expression on his face. “Maybe I did a terrible job communicating with you, but we have been together and only seeing each other for a while now. We just had a few things to iron out.”
…”Oh.”
There was a flash of fury in his eyes. “Have you been seeing someone else?”
“No!”
…”Okay, then,” I said. “I just had to make sure.”
“Next time make sure sooner.”

14. “I don’t know. I haven’t left your side.”
“Sweet of you.”
“Not really. I was determined to fight you if you decided to die.”


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...