Tuesday, 2 October 2012

Review: Toil and Trouble by H.P. Mallory


Toil and Trouble
Series: Jolie Wilkins #2
Author:  H.P. Mallory
Publisher: Createspace
Pages: 270
Format: Paperback
Source: Purchased

Rating:

Reason chosen:

Because they first book was so captivating I basically had this one sitting on my bed while I finished the first one just waiting to be read.

Summary taken from Goodreads:

The underworld in civil war. The cause? A witch who can reanimate the dead. A sexy as sin vampire determined to claim her. An infuriatingly handsome warlock torn between duty and love. Who says blonds have more fun?

After defending herself against fairy magic, Jolie Wilkins wakes to find her world turned upside down—the creatures of the underworld on the precipice of war.

The underworld is polarized in a battle of witch against witch, creature against creature, led by the villainous bella, who would be queen. While Jolie has one goal in mind, to stake the vampire, Ryder, who nearly killed her, she also must choose between the affections of her warlock employer, rand, and the mysteriously sexy vampire, Sinjin.

And as if that weren’t enough to ruin a girl’s day, everything Jolie knows will be turned inside out when she’s thrust into the shock of a lifetime.

Review:

Oh. My. God. I was/am freaking out. There was a point while I was reading this novel that I took hold of my friend/co-workers arm and started shaking it with all my might completely freaking out because something big happens in this novel. I don’t want to ruin it but I was thinking “No! No! Oh my! It all make sense! I know what’s going to happen! OH.MY.GOD! That is so friggin’ perfect!”. I know you are probably sitting there with big buggy eyes thinking “she is firmly on the pipe” but, no. There was just a moment when things about this book connect with things from the first book and even the past that makes anyone reading it want to do the can-can.
Make sure your not standing close to people while you are reading this book by the way.
It was sheer beauty that makes me have a lady-crush on one H.P. Mallory. I truly wish I had a mind capable of thinking that far ahead and being able to write in plots in the first book that become twist in the second.
Anyhow you clearly understand how awesome this book was for me. I highly recommend. Do you want emotion? Do you want to cry and laugh ad get angry? Do you want to be surprised? Do you want to swoon over a man/men? Do you want to cheer your heroine on? If you answered yes to any and/or all of these I have a question for you?
Why are you still reading this and not out purchasing these books?

Good:

Jolie—Oh my lordy. I am so proud of you. It’s like watching a child grow up. You were a psychic when we started off together and now…you can actually kick my plump little rump. So proud *tear.

Rand—I wanted to slap you Rand. SO MANY TIMES! But then through the second half of the book you were like Mr. Darcy for a second (as in you infuriated me) then I was in love with you again.
Oh and after facebook creeping Madame Mallory I noted that she thought this lovely man could play Rand but with brown eyes.

That is Henry Cavill you may remember him from Stardust, The Tudors, or Immortals. The next Superman. I guess I’ve never told you guys I am a HUGE Superman fan. And a huge Henry Cavill fan. So I am on the verge of crying right now.

Sinjin—There is a whole different side to Sinjin. I’m lovin it, yet wondering what is he really all about?

Bad:

Nothing. Everything falls together perfectly. Dear lord it was good.

Overall (Writing style, story line, and general):

Overall the plot and story line surpassed the first. Once again there were two stories in one novel (sort of) but these seemed to mesh well even better than the first novel. The characters as still brilliant and even more in depth. SO MUCH gets revealed it was awesome. And I didn’t have to re-read anything to make sure I was understanding things correctly. All of this= awesomeness. And I will be continuing the series.

Quotes:

It was a good thing I was paralyzed or I would have jumped on Rand and sexually assaulted him right then and there.

“I could not help it, Pet,” he said, his eyes finding mind again. “I wanted to hurt him.” His jaw was tight and his normally ice blue eyes radiated with a whitish glow.
I had to talk myself out of being intimidated.
“Why? What has he ever done to you?”
He arched a brow. “He possesses your heart.”

Previously in the Series:
Fire Burn and Cauldron Bubble (#1)-> Click for review

Next In the Series:

Witchful Thinking (#3) -> Click for review
The Witch is Back (#4)-> Click for review
Something Witchy This Way Comes (#5)-> Click for review

Viewer Type Recommendation:

If you like a supernatural romance that has a seriousness of tone mixed with humour and a lot of action this is for you.

If you liked this you'll probably love:

The Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris, Shifterseries by Rachel Vincent, Daughters of Glen series by Melissa Mayhue, PoisonPrincess by Kresley Cole, Charley Davidson series by Darynda Jones, MercyThompson series and Alpha & Omega series by Patricia Briggs, maybe even the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich

Read Completely:
Hells yeah.

Trailer:

No, but there are these:





Alternate Cover(s):

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Okay, so I have never even seen this series before but your excitement has me rushing to go get it! Adding a little tease of Henry Cavil doesn't hurt either ~ I mean, he is the definition of YUMMY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can not agree with you more. Yummy is extremely appropriate!

      Delete
  2. Wow, this sounds SO amazing! I'll definitely give this series a lookie! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooo, the first one in the series is free on Amazon! Nice! :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...