Monday, 24 December 2012

Quotes! From What I Remember... by Stacy Kramer and Valerie Thomas


Here are some of my favourite quotes from my recent read:

From What I Remember... by Stacy Kramer and Valerie Thomas. (Click title for review)

As always some of these beauties may contain or lead your beautiful mind to spoilers.

1. We both smile at the classic misunderstanding. It’s all so cliché-ridden, it’s embarrassing. I wish our story could have some more original twists and turns. Maybe one of us will turn into a vampire or something.

2. Guys find me neutered, detached, invisible. I’m Switzerland. The girls Max dates are Brazil.

3. I play by the rules even when there aren’t any.

4. Hobbies are for wimps who don’t have the guts to follow their passion.

5. Figuring out what you want comes from failing, and then trying again. It comes from questioning everything, falling in love, fighting the power, living without limits. It doesn't come from getting straight A’s, playing by the rules, and listening obediently.

6. Life is something we have to experience, really feel, not just study for with books in a library. Learning is about so much more than school. If we’re too busy studying, we miss out on the experience.

7. “I’m at architecture school at UCLA.”
“Ooooh, I love architects. They have such big buildings.”
Oh Lord, let the floor open up and suck me into the ground. Better yet, take Will.
“Uh, not all of them are big. Some are quite small. It all depends on the client,” Juan says.
“I’m sure yours are very, very big.”
“Yeah, well, I’m still in school, so I’m not really building much other than models at the moment.” Poor Juan looks hideously uncomfortable.
“I bet you’re really good with your hands, all that drawing and building.”

8. If he had a thought in hi head, it would perish from loneliness.

9. I glance over at Max, looking for some kind of solace. But he seems even more terrified than me. It’s disconcerting. Panic doesn’t suit him.

10. “I’m like La Femme Nikita. Jason Bourne—“
“Uh, let’s not get carried away.”
“Angelina Jolie in Salt?”
“Tina Fey in Date Night?”
“Shut up. I saved you ass, white boy.”

11. Create the kind of self that you will be happy to live with all your life. Make the most of yourself by fanning the tiny, inner sparks of possibility into flames of achievement.

12. “Kylie there’s something you don/t know about me.”
“What’s that?”
“I’m only white on the outside. Underneath, I’ve got a dark, hip, urban rapper center. I’m like a vanilla Tootsie Pop.”
“You’re more like a Blow Pop. With a bright, chewy bubble gum center.”
“Okay, I’m pretty sure that’s offensive. I’m not crazy about the image either.”

13. “That sounds like a some kind of cheesy line from a movie.”
“Don’t knock cheesy lines from movies. They can be totally inspirational. Please pass the cheese.”

14. Did I actually get this lucky, or is Juan a serial killer?

15. “We just bought a boatload of In-N-Out burgers for the John Woo film festival. What are we suppose to do with them?
“We’ll throw then out and probably live ten years longer,” Juan says.
Throw out In-N-Out burgers? I’m horrified by Juan’s suggestion. Nobody’s perfect, I suppose.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...