Monday, 10 December 2012

Review: Clash by Nicole Williams


Clash
Series: Crash #2
Author:  Nicole Wiliams
Publisher: CreateSpace/ Harper Collins
Genre:  YA, Drama
Release Date: Sept 5th 2012
Pages: 216
Format: ebook
Source: Purchased

Rating:

Reason chosen:
Because the first book blew my mind.

Summary taken from Goodreads:

The only easy thing about Jude and Lucy’s relationship is their love for one another. Everything else is hard.

Especially when it comes to reigning in Jude’s trigger touch temper and Lucy’s increasing jealousy of Jude’s Spirit Sister on the cheer squad who’s attached herself to him in just about every way a girl could. Feeling the stress of trying to hang on to her quintessential bad boy while becoming the foremost dancer in her class, Lucy knows something’s going to break. She wants both. She needs both. But if she doesn’t make a choice, she risks losing everything.

For Lucy Larson and Jude Ryder, love might be the thing that just isn’t enough.

Review:

Oh my God. I don’t even know how to start this review. This novel was more along the lines of Beautiful Disaster. There was much more disaster and, well, clashing. I found that Jude was basically a completely new person. He thought more before using his fists and I absolutely love him. He was no longer getting into trouble or even pushing Lucy away. Instead it was Lucy that was being completely crazy. At one point I hated her, and then I realized that was a point of the novel…she is being absolutely ridiculous in this novel and she has to realize it. But, man! I wanted to keep reading. And there is this hospital scene that will leave everyone freaking out. You’ll be questioning things and just simply revelling in the moment as well, not to mention the truck scene in the beginning had me oozing onto the floor while I read it. There are many times through the story that I want to punch a certain girl named Adriana, and then I was wondering why Lucy wasn’t punching her and then I wanted to slap Lucy. Oh, the drama. There are many other moments that I was very angry with Lucy and wanted to slap her, but, again, that’s the point. This book is about Lucy figuring her stuff out, trusting Jude, and finally allowing herself to be with him. Basically Jude has become the adult in this book where Lucy was the adult in the first book. This book was intense! The emotions that go on between Lucy and Jude in this novel are intense. And I loved that this book takes place in College, it add a whole other element to the story and you can see how far the characters have grown. Nicole Williams takes you on a sizzling, toe-curling, who-cares-about-the-rest-of-the-world, roller-coaster ride romance that will leave you boneless and without a care in the world expect for “What is next for Jude and Lucy”.

Good:

Lucy—you make me mad, but to be honest I can’t say I wouldn’t have done some of the stupid things you did as well.

Jude—the friggin’ adult in the story. The kind of guy who walks out onto the field and knows that his girl is checkin’ out his butt so he gives it a little smack and then gives her a wink. Down-right drool worthy. Loyal, honest, and finally out of trouble.

Lets reminice about how I pictured Jude:


Oh yes.

Tony—you may be a player, but you are a good guy down deep.

Holly—I love your four steps on how to snag a man and drive him crazy.

Bad:

Adriana—I wanted to punch you. But, you are the villain of the story so I guess those feelings are intentional.

Overall (Writing style, story line, and general):

Overall I read the book in under 24 hours because I could not put it down. Seriously it never left my sight. Sometimes I found myself simply staring at the cover. I found the humour in the book light (not as much as there was in the first), the drama loaded; this book definitely brought the passion. I never had to re-read something to understand it, in fact, the only time I re-read something was because it was utterly awesome and I needed to read it again. Overall, this book was magnificent, the story-line was filled with the right amount of drama and sexy, and people trying to figure their stuff out at the age of eighteen. It’s definitely a book that I am a proud digital owner of, but also I plan on getting me a physical copy to sit proudly upon my shelf. This book is note-worthy and if I could pull an Italian Job and get my hands on the next novel before it comes out I would. I really, really would.

Quotes:

Click here for some of my favourite quotes!

Previously in the Series:


Crash (#1)-> Click for review

Next in the Series:

Crush (#3) ETA: April 23rd 2012

Viewer Type Recommendation:

If you are a lover of those mind-blowing roller coaster ride worthy romances with a hot angered male lead and a girl who can hold her own than this is for you.

If you liked this you'll probably love:

Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire, Losing It by Cora Carmack, Wallbanger by Alice Clayton, 12 Rounds by Lauren Hammond, Overprotected by Jennifer Laurens, Leaving Paradise and Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles, Catching Jordan and Stealing Parker by Miranda Kenneally

Read Completely:
Yes yes yes

Alternate Cover(s):

Author Website/Blog:
Twitter: @nwilliamsbooks

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Lucy was too stupid in this book, but Jude made up for it. He was totally swoon-worthy, and I can't wait to read the next book. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book was a quick read and I of course loved it. Mix a love story with some football, Nicole Williams may have tipped the "Tara's favorite author" scale in her favor...I love me some football!

    I know this was a bonus book as Crash was supposed to be a stand alone novel, but even after this I'm still left wanting more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well lucky you there is still Crush the third and final novel in the series! You should check it out!

      Delete
  3. I am not sure this is a book I would like, but I did enjoy reading your review. I can think of a few people I know who would probably really like this trilogy.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...