Wednesday, 2 January 2013

Review: The Cat's Meow by Stacey Kennedy


The Cat’s Meow
Series: Witch’s Brew #1
Author: Stacey Kennedy
Publisher: Entangled Publishing
Genre:  Supernatural, fiction, romance, adult
Release Date:  December 13th 2012
Pages:  190
Format: ebook
Source: Purchased
View/Purchase:  GoodreadsAmazon, B&N

Rating:

Reason chosen:

Because I absolutely love Stacey Kennedy and her writing.

Summary taken from Goodreads:

Libby is an Enchantress—a witch gifted by the Goddess to conjure spells. When a magical presence is detected around a recent string of feline slayings, Libby takes the case to uncover the reasons behind the odd deaths. Much to her displeasure, the coven also sends a sexy warlock, Kale, to assist her.

While having the muscle around proves to be useful, fighting the attraction between them is worse than a hex, especially considering Kale is keeping secrets. But soon, Libby has bigger problems than the elusive warlock when her spells turn up clues that point to something far more sinister than slaughtered cats.

Now Libby has landed herself in the midst of an uprising. She trusts no one and isn’t safe—not from the warlocks stirring up trouble. Not from the worrisome rebellion she can’t escape. And certainly not from Kale, who is weaving a very dangerous spell over her heart.

Review:

Swoon. Swoon. Swoon. That’s what happens when I basically come across a guy who dresses like a biker. Well he sort of does. Black jeans, or jean and a dark plain t-shirt. Oh. So. Sexy. That is Kale for you. And, yet he is frustrating. I really don’t blame Libby for wanting to punch him in the face. I loved this novel. I’ve read a lot of books that contain witches, but I have yet to read one about someone who says thanks to the Goddess, which is what Liddy does being an Enchantress. It was pretty awesome. The mystery behind this novel was a very interesting and I had no clue what was really happening, however the mystery that surrounds Kale I sort of had it figured out but not exactly. It was interesting to find out who he was after all the vague comments, and evading Libby’s questions. Sometimes I wanted to yell for her. And not just him it seems like everyone was against and refused to tell her anything. It was frustrating, but in a great way. There was humour, there was passion, and there was some butt kicking. And I really liked that Libby did kick butt. At first she was hesitant, but she really started to come through. Libby is someone I really liked even the butt-kicking aside. She refuses to take anyone’s BS, is determined, and basically trusts no-one. Sometimes a girl can just relate.

Good:

Libby—A Kick-butt, sassy, no holds-bar kind of girl

Kale—Man of mystery, that is tall, dark, and hansom.

Bad:

I wish that Kale would have been more romantic, I know the reason he held back some, but I wish there were many many more stolen kisses.

Overall (Writing style, story line, and general):

Overall, the story was easy to read and follow and never had me questioning or having to re-read. I never found a boring part as this short 190 page read kept me entertained the entire time. I liked the characters, which included a large variety, and it left me with the appropriate amount of questions and therefore anticipating the next book in the series.

Quotes:

“You can come at me with as many excuses as you’d like, but I won’t relent until you give in and do something far more delicious with your mouth than argue.”

Next in the Series:

Not listed as of yet.

Viewer Type Recommendation:

If you are a lover of supernatural romances than this is the book for you.

If you liked this you'll probably love:

Naked Werewolf series by Molly Harper, Coveted by Shawntelle Madison, Charley Davidson series by Darynda Jones, Supernaturally Kissed and An Everlasting Bite by Stacey Kennedy, Jolie Wilkins series by H.P. Mallory, Once Burned by Jeaniene Frost, Wild About You series by Vicki Lewis Thompson, and Shifters series by Rachel Vincent.

Read Completely:
Yes

Trailer:

Author Website/Blog:

Twitter: @Stacey_Kennedy
Facebook:

Photobucket

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...