Friday, 22 February 2013

Review: One Week Girl Friend by Monica Murphy


One Week Girlfriend
Series:  Drew + Fable
Author:  Monica Murphy
Genre:  New Adult, Contemporary, Romance
Release Date: January 11th 2013
Pages:  185
Format: ebook
Source: Purchased

Rating:

Reason chosen: 

I was notified about the upcoming tour and have been wanting to read this bad boy for a while, so I decided now was the time.

Summary taken from Goodreads:

New Adult Contemporary Romance

**Mature situations and sexual content - recommended for ages 17+**

Temporary. That one single word best describes my life these last few years. I’m working at a temporary job until I can finally break free. I’m my little brother’s temporary mother since our mom doesn’t give a crap about either of us. And I’m that temporary girl all the guys want to get with because I give it up so easily. According to the rumors, at least.

But now I’m the temporary girlfriend of Drew Callahan, college football legend and all around golden guy. He’s beautiful, sweet—and he’s hiding way more secrets than I am. He’s brought me into this fake life where everyone seems to hate me. And everyone seems to want something from him. The only thing he seems to want though is…

Me.

I don’t know what to believe anymore. All I know is, I think Drew needs me. And I want to be there for him.

Forever.

Review:

MIND BLOWN! Oh. My. God. This novel was…epicly awesome. I had an idea of what was going on with the plot near the beginning, however, it wasn’t until half way through that I figured things out before the big reveal and I was freakin’ out. I was yelling at the book (in the middle of the night by the way) basically saying: “No freakin’ way! No! Holy Betty White!” This book was just straight up crazy good. I fell for Drew from the first page. Fable took some time to figure out, but I knew deep down she was trying. I found the story outrageously awesome, and the description done via fantastic writing had my heart pumping and my blood rushing. Many, many a times I wanted to punch a character…especially a certain Step-mother. I was completely taken away with this book and wouldn’t mind being taken away with the next one whenever that bad boy gets released

Good:

Drew—An honestly good guy. Works hard, but has a lot of issues holding him back from being his true self.


It took me a while to find a guy who fit my imaging of Drew, but then I remembered this lovely man:



Fable—Messed up in her own way. Fable is simply trying to get by and is extremely loyal to those who love her.

Bad:

Nothing that I can think of.

Overall (Writing style, story line, and general):

Overall I was captivated. I gasped, cried, cried out in frustration and had my breath taken away. The writing was done exceptionally well because I found myself completely taken into their world. I found myself understanding both Fable and Drew. The story line was one that I can guarantee I have not come across before. Overall Monica Murphy has earned my respect in the book world. She had blown me away. She has left me wanting more.

Next in the Series:

Second Chance Boyfriend (#2)->Click for review!

Viewer Type Recommendation:

If you are a lover of New Adult novels, of passion, of messed up couples and/or messed up backgrounds than this is the novel for you.

If you liked this you'll probably love:

Barbie Girl by Heidi Acosta, Charade by Nyrae Dawn, Crash series by Nicole Williams, Wallbanger by Alice Clayton, Losing It by Cora Carmack, Shifter series by Rachel Vincent, Perfect Chemistry and Leaving Paradise by Simone Elkeles, Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire

Read Completely:
Yup

Trailer:

Author Website/Blog: http://www.monicamurphyauthor.com
Twitter: @MsMonicaMurphy
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MonicaMurphyauthor

Photobucket

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...