Thursday, 7 March 2013

Review: The Secret of Ella and Micha by Jessica Sorensen

The Secret of Ella and Micha
Series:  The Secret #1
Author:  Jessica Sorensen
Genre:  New Adult, Romance, Contemporary
Release Date:  October 2th 2012
Pages:  368
Format: ebook
Source: Thanks to the awesome publishers for granting me this book for review!

Rating: 

Reason chosen:  

I’ve heard many good things, and when I noticed I could request a review copy I jumped right on it.

Summary taken from Goodreads:

A rule-breaker with a fiery attitude, Ella always wore her heart on her sleeve. Then she left everything behind to go to college, where she transformed into someone who follows the rules, keeps everything together, and hides all her problems. Now it's summer break and she has nowhere else to go but home. But once there, Ella fears that everything she's worked so hard to bury might resurface-especially with Micha living right next door.

Smart, sexy, and confident, Micha can get under Ella's skin like no one else. He knows everything about her, including her darkest secrets. If he tries to tempt the old Ella to return, he will be impossible to resist. But what Ella doesn't realize is that when she left, she took a piece of Micha's heart with her. Now he's determined to win back the girl he lost, no matter what it takes.

Review:

Who wouldn’t want a guy search for them for eight months because he loved them? Well I a non-psycho way of course. And especially a guy like Micha! I really liked that this novel had characters that have known each other since their were younger, and that Micha knew throughout the entire novel that he loved Ella and was chasing after her as well as waiting for her to come to him. It was refreshing! I can’t deny that I haven’t imagined picking up, leaving, and becoming a whole new person, but Ella’s story proves that we can never hide from our past. I also liked the supporting characters of Ethan and Lila who both are different they what they seem. Ethan always seems to come through for Ella in her time of needs, and Lily is different than Ella in many ways but has family issues of her own.
From the very first page you are taken onto a drama roller-coaster, but this book is also not one filled with drama, although, there are many dramatic moments the book is more focused on Micha and Ella building back their relationship and realizing just how important they are to each other. None of that, however, stops Micha from being a bad-boy. If his lip rings suggest anything its that Micha has the charming smile, and savvy moves to go with it…and this left me just swooning. What can I say? I like me some bad boys.

Good:

Micha—Determined to get Ella to realize that she loves him. He just wants to help put her back together again.

Ella—she is broken and believes that if she just lives like a Robot it will keep her going

Bad:

I don’t know if I understand the character of her brother yet. He’s very angry and yet his fiancé seems pretty easy going.

There were some moments that I had to re-read (mainly it had to do with placements and not describing how people move, its hard to explain, but while reading I just though, wait…he’s sitting? That kind of stuff.)

Overall (Writing style, story line, and general):

Overall this story was awesome. I fell in love with the characters, and the story. It was pretty well written although there were sometimes I had to re-read to make sure I didn’t catch the part where someone laid down, or sat—random little things like that. I also liked this though female—yes she can kick some butt, but she can fix a car and race it too. After reading The Secret of Ella and Micha I just knew I wanted more, more of their story, more of Lila and Ethan’s story, just more.

Quotes:

1. “I’m not really that tired,” Lila says and I press her with a pleading look. “Oh, wait maybe I am.” She fakes a yawn

2. "Just because it's broken doesn't mean it loses its importance."

Next in the Series:

The Forever of Ella and Micha (#2) ETA: May 28th 2013-Kindle, paperback-October 22nd 2013

(No Cover Art as of Yet)
The Temptation of Lila and Ethan (#3) ETA: None set as of yet!

Viewer Type Recommendation:

If you are a lover of new adult romances than this is a novel you will want to pick up.

If you liked this you'll probably love:

One Week Girlfriend by Monica Murphy, Barbie Girl by Heidi Acosta, Charade by Nyrae Dawn, Crash series by Nicole Williams, 12 Rounds by Lauren Hammond, Losing It by Cora Carmack, Overprotected by Jennifer Laurens, Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins, Leaving Paradise and Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles, Providence series and Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire

Read Completely: 
Yes

Trailer: 

Other Covers:


Twitter:  @jessFallenStar




This book was provided courtesy of the author/publisher for review; however, this is no way affected my review.

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. TSoE&M has the sweetest romance I've ever read and I love that they are best friends. Micha was totally swoon worthy, I loved that he searched for Ella for so long. I can't wait to read the next book and see how they are handling their relationship.
    I really like all the cover except the one in the middle, they are all very cute and screams romance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can only agree with you. Micha is so swoon worthy I am biting my lower lip just thinking about him. And I loved that he searched for her too!!! Now I just want the next one even more!

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad you enjoyed it. I'm reading it right now and am loving it too. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard of this one before. So happy you loved it! I've added it to my TBR list. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...