Monday, 1 April 2013

Review: The Baby Bargain by Jennifer Apodaca


The Baby Bargain
Author: Jennifer Apodaca
Publisher: Entangled: Indulgence
Genre:  Romance, Adult, Contemporary
Release Date:  March 11th 2013
Pages:  184
Format: ebook
Source: A copy was provided by the publisher for review

Rating: 

Reason chosen:  

I read the synopsis and just had to read it.

Summary taken from Goodreads:

Seeing Adam Waters is the last thing veterinarian Megan Young expects. Ex-Marine. Ex-boyfriend. And still extremely dangerous territory. But Adam doesn’t know the secret Megan has been keeping from him. The secret that was created three years ago, after their last night together...Adam returns to Raven’s Cove to sell his home in a final break with the town and memories that haunt him. The problem is that his attraction to Megan is as blazing hot as it ever was. But when a vicious smear campaign against Megan turns ugly, Adam learns the truth he never knew—he has a son. Now the only way Megan can protect her child is to strike a bargain with Adam. And I”t’s a bargain that looks a lot like blackmail...

Review:

Oh Adam…I would love to be swept away by you. Trust me everyone will be swept away by Adam and his demanding tone. And he’s an ex-marine. *Biting bottom lip. I fell for Adam the moment he came into her Veterinary clinic with the wounded dog. Then promptly hit on her. Loved it. But really there is more to Adam. He’s broken and for some reason Megan is the only one that can distract him from those feelings. And, of course, there is his secret son. Which makes him mad…then he takes charge and “claims him”…and then I was lost forever in my love for Adam. But wait! That’s not the end of it. There is a mystery going on. Megan is being framed, threatened, and lied to. And to be honest I was a little wrong in who the “bad guy” was. This is what really rounded off the novel for me. It was more than just the romance there was mystery and action involved. Loved it.

Good:

Adam—Dear lord Adam. What a fine, fine specimen.

Megan—A woman who did it on her own, and I can kind of see her reasons behind. Still being able to do it on her own is reason enough to like her.

Bad:

I know there is some background history to their romance, but I wished I knew more about it. I wasn’t 100% feeling their love. I was feeling their hot electricity though.

Overall (Writing style, story line, and general):

Overall I truly enjoyed this book. I liked Adam, I liked Megan, I liked Cole, I liked their situation, I liked the mystery. There was like all around likeage. I found the story line to be easy to follow and a fast yet entertaining read.


Viewer Type Recommendation:

If you are a lover of romance with a side of mystery and action…then pick this up.

If you liked this you'll probably love:

A Risk Worth Taking and The Billionaire’s Christmas Baby by Victoria James, The Proposition by Katie Ashley, Secret Santa Baby by Robin Covington, Wife for Hire by Christine Bell, Marriage to a Billionaire series by Jennifer Probst, Something About You by Julie James, Wanted! By Vicki Lewis Thompson, Weldon series by Jennifer Saints, Don’t Mess With Texas by Christie Craig

Read Completely:
Yes

Twitter: @jenniferlyon

  

This book was provided courtesy of the author/publisher for review; however, this is no way affected my review.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...