Tuesday, 9 April 2013

Review: The Wolf Prince by Karen Whiddon


The Wolf Prince
Author:  Karen Whiddon
Publisher: Harlequin
Genre:  Romance, Adult
Release Date:  April 1st 2013
Pages:  304
Format: ebook
Source: An ARC copy was provided by the publisher for review

Rating: 

Reason chosen:  

The synopsis sounded pretty good.

Summary taken from Goodreads:

Willow was unlike any princess he'd ever met As heir to the throne, Ruben must choose an appropriate mate to preserve his royal bloodline—despite his fear that his true nature will destroy them both. Yet the female he craves above all others is a dangerous combination of fairy and shifter, a mesmerizing creature who inspires both passion and suspicion. Then violence strikes the castle, and the two are forced to track a killer into perilous magical territory. But with treachery everywhere, will Willow and Ruben's growing bond be enough to shift the fate of their two kingdoms?

Review:

I was a little disappointed when I didn’t get the dark prince I thought I was getting from the cover. The book had a lot of promise, but I found it fell a bit short. I found myself really getting into the romance in the beginning, but not so much afterwards even though there was still quite a bit of passion. But that’s another thing. I was feeling the romance in the beginning, but then when it came to their “love scene” it was awkward in my opinion. But, I really wasn’t feeling the story and some of the characters. I felt like there was more background info to this novel that I was missing mainly with regards to Ruben and his family. I looked into it and there is no indication that this is a part of a series or even a spin-off. Let me know if I’m wrong because I would definitely like the background info. That all being said I did still enjoy the novel. I liked Ruben even though he wasn’t as much of a bad-boy as I expected, and I liked Willow who was very down to earth despite her up bringing. I did enjoy the adventure although there wasn’t much of a mystery as everything is basically revealed in the beginning. But all in all it was a good read filled with romance and passion and a pretty good villain.

Good:

Ruben—Although not exactly the bad boy type he was a conflicted. He’s torn between being a wolf forever and bring the prince and future ruler that his parents want him to be. He’s hot, loyal, determined, and protective,

Willow-She comes from two world (the light and the dark) and hasn’t had the best of upbringings. Yet, she’s sweet, nice, and loyal and just trying to live her life.

Bad:

Their “love scene” was not the greatest.

There were some things about the novel that I just wasn’t feeling. I didn’t understand some of the character’s motivation—I get that they were evil and selfish, but I figured there would be more.

Overall (Writing style, story line, and general):

Overall, the story was easy to follow. I didn’t have to re-read anything and I found that it was actually a fast moving story. I enjoyed the world that was created in this story and I love stories about the fae. I enjoyed the main characters and found that the villain was a pretty evil character. There may have been some parts of the story that lacked depth but it was still a good romance and adventure novel.

Viewer Type Recommendation:

If you are a lover or adult werewolf/fae stories than this is a book for you.

If you liked this you'll probably love:

Frosted by Wendy Sparrow, Last Kiss Goodnight by Gena Showalter, Naked Werewolf series by Molly Harper, To Wed the Fae Prince by V.Vervain, Coveted by Shawntelle Madison, Everlasting Bite by Stacey Kennedy, Jolie Wilkins series by H.P.Mallory, Wild About You series by Vicki Lewis Thompson, Mercy Thompson and Alpha & Omega series by Patricia Briggs.

Read Completely:
Yes

Author Website/Blog: http://www.karenwhiddon.com
Twitter: @KarenWhiddon
  
This book was provided courtesy of the author/publisher for review; however, this is no way affected my review.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...