Wednesday, 24 April 2013

Top Ten Tuesday (04.23.2013): Top Ten Books I Thought I'd Like MORE Than I Did


Top Ten Tuesday is a meme created by The Broke and The Bookish

This weeks "Top Ten Tuesday" is: Top Ten Books I Thought I'd Like MORE/LESS Than I Did.

I wrote down all the books that fit into both categories and sadly there were more books that I thought I would like more. 

So, here are the books that I though I would like MORE than I did. 

Click on the titles to be brought to my reviews.



Jennifer E. Smith

I really thought I would like this book more than I did. Sadly I didn't like the characters too much. 
2. Wrecked
Anna Davies

This book was one I had been looking forward to for a long time. 
I looked at the reviews and I knew that they weren't good, but for some reason I was still convinced that the book would be good.

Not so much.
3. Hooked
Liz Fichera

I received an advanced copy of this novel and was pretty excited. It sounded really good. Sadly, it fell short.
4. Last Kiss Goodnight
Gena Showalter

This is another book that I had high expectations about and ended up not enjoying it as much as I thought I would.

I guess it was a little too fantasy for me.
Jennifer Laurens

This is a book I just didn't enjoy. It was a little bit of characters, and a little bit of the story.
6. Pretty Crooked
Elisa Ludwig

I want to continue this series even though the first book was not so good. I feel like the series could be good overall, so I guess I will see.
Laura J. Burns & Melinda Metz

The first book in the series was really good, in my opinion, so I expected this book to good as well. 

It fell pretty short.
8. Going Bovine
Libba Bray

I read the Gemma Doyle series and loved it (may not the last book, but still), and I actually liked Beauty Queens as well. So I was expecting something great from this one.

Sadly, it took the humour of making fun of our modern day society and took it too far for my liking. To the point where it was taking up much of the story line and left little else. 
Liz Braswell

I watched the first episode of the TV show as a sneak peak and really enjoyed it, so before the series was officially premiering I read the books. 

The TV show was better.

10. Jekel Loves Hyde
Beth Fantaskey

I read the Jessica series and loved it, so I thought i would give this one a try.

Just not as good. The characters were a little iffy for me.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...