Friday, 24 May 2013

Review: Second Chance Boyfriend by Monica Murphy


Second Chance Boyfriend
Series:  Drew + Fable #2
Author: Monica Murphy
Publisher: Monica Murphy
Genre:  New Adult, Contemporary, Romance
Release Date:  April 5th 2013
Pages:  210
Format: ebook
Source: A copy was provided for being apart of the Blog Tour blast

Rating:
Reason chosen:  

Because the first book was so crazy good that it was like an addiction. I COULD NOT say no.

Summary taken from Goodreads:

**Recommended for ages 17+ due to sexual content and language, mature subject matter**

New Adult Contemporary

Lost. That one single word best describes my life at this very moment. I lost the last games of the season and both my team and my coach blame me. I lost the last two months because I drowned in my own despair like a complete loser. And I lost the only girl who ever mattered because I was afraid being with me would destroy her.

But now I realize how truly lost I am without her. She has become my story…and even though she acts like she’s moved on, I know she still thinks about me just as much as I think about her. She’s beautiful, sweet—and so damn vulnerable, all I want to do is help her. Be there for her.

Love her…

If only I could convince Fable to give me a second chance. Then I wouldn’t feel so lost anymore, and neither would she. We could be found together.

Forever.

Review:

Oh, Drew. Oh, Fable. You are like my crazy rollercoaster romance ride. And, I just can’t stop paying for tickets. Just when you think things cannot get crazier. Well, they calm down (ish) then get ten times crazier. The first book was ABSOLUTELY ridiculously awesome and so messed up. This book is the aftermath. Drew is trying to deal, and Fable is trying to move on. But Drew can only deal by being with Fable, and Fable can’t move on. Oh Dear lord. So take all the awesome ingredients that make this awesome sauce and add in some new characters that make you question their motives, and you have an awesome sauce 2.0. Congrats you’re officially dependent on Monica Murphy’s writing.
My toes curled. My eyelashes fluttered. At one point I face-planted my pillow and told it how I was doing. That is the effect of Drew and Fable. You wonder when they will both stop acting like jerks and start accepting and being together. The book made me think about the importance of family, but the family that not only the family that is by blood, but that chooses you also.
Monica Murphy took me on another beautiful adventure into the life of two young individuals just trying to make it with what life dealt them.
So, thankfully, I’m left smiling after reading this book, and I find myself marking the day on my calendar that the third novel comes out.

Good:

Fable—She’s strong, determined, and independent.

I saw somewhere that another blogger/reviewer indicated that they imagined Fable like Jennifer Lawrence, and after seeing her performance in Silver Lining Playbook I couldn't agree more. She definitely fits my image of Fable and could play her.


Drew—A complete hottie and football star, with a messed up past. He’s trying to keep a good relationship with the people that love him, but trying to move on from the rest. It’s not an essay thing to do.

I want to change my vision of Drew...just a little. This is how I previously imagined Drew, and I still do a bit.

But this guys has now taken up some of my image of Drew.



 He is just so pretty.
Bad:

I was frustrated at one point with the characters and just wished they would snap out of it. However, it had nothing to do with the writing, but was merely a necessary part of the book and I’m pretty sure we were meant to fell that way. Oh, the power of literature!

Overall (Writing style, story line, and general):

Overall the book was fantastic! It brings an end to Drew and Fables adventures in love and prepares us for the next book in the series and the next couple that we’ll be dealing with. I probably went through every emotion possible while reading this. I would definitely recommend this book to any of the New Adult lovers out there, but be warned this series is like nothing else I’ve read before and the issues that these two people go through are some serious ones.

Quotes:

Once upon a time, we were cynics facing the world alone. Our story changed into two warrior cynics facing the world together.
Now, we own the happily ever after and we refuse to let that bitch go.

Previously In the Series:

One Week Girlfriend (#1)-> Click for review

Next in the Series:

Three Broken Promises (#3) ETA: December 24th 2013 (What? Christmas Present!)

Viewer Type Recommendation:

If you are a lover of New Adult reads then this is for your

If you liked this you'll probably love:

Wait For You by J.Lynn, The Only Exception by Magan Vernon, The Secret of Ella and Micha by Jessica Sorensen, One Week Girlfriend by Monica Murphy, Barbie Girl by Heidi Acosta, Charade by Nyrae Dawn, Crash series by Nicole Williams, 12 Rounds by Lauren Hammond, Leaving Paradise by Simone Elkeles, Losing It by Cora Carmack, Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire

Read Completely:
Yes

Monica Murphy is a wife of one and mother of three. A native Californian, she lives in the foothills below Yosemite but hasn't visited the park in years (whoops). She is also the author of theUSA Today bestselling One Week Girlfriend and its sequel,Second Chance Boyfriend.

Author Website/Blog: http://www.monicamurphyauthor.com
Twitter: @MsMonicaMurphy
  
This book was provided courtesy of the author/publisher for review; however, this is no way affected my review.


Photobucket

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...