Tuesday, 4 June 2013

Quotes: Unraveling by Elizabeth Norris


Here are some of my favourite quotes from my recent read: 
Unraveling (Unraveling #1) by Elizabeth Norris (Click title for review)

There may be spoilers. I don't think so, but just in case...be warned. Oh, and profanity alert!

1. “So your perfect proposal, what would it be?" Ben asks. "Seriously?"... "I don't know. It would just be the two of us, and I guess I'd want him to say something honest, not overly romantic, not something that would make a great story to tell his friends. I'd just want him to lean over..." As I say it, I lean slightly toward Ben, close enough that I can feel the warmth of his body radiating into the empty space between us, and drop the volume of my voice. "... and say 'Janelle Tenner, fucking marry me.”

2. “Life is a fragile thing. Apparently the whole world is fragile too.” 

3. “When the zipper snaps open, Ben pauses, his breath hot in my ear. "Janelle Tenner," he whispers. "I fucking love you.”

4. Reaching out, I grab his hand and intertwine my fingers with his. And I move into his space until we're not even an inch from each other. Laying my forehead on his chest, I take a deep breath and feel his whole body relax, as if tension is rolling off his body in waves.
I was always the kid who loved the smell of gasoline.
His free hand comes up, and his fingers slip through my hair before his hand settles between my shoulder blades.
"Ben," I say into his shirt.
"Janelle," he whispers back, and I can feel his mouth against my hair. I can feel him smile.

5. “I mean, contrary to popular belief, I'm actually not harboring a secret desire to grow up and become a bioterrorist.”

6. He just takes another sip of his beer. “Touche, Tenner. Touche.” A Word I didn’t even think was in his vocabulary. 
Apparently this month is full of surprises. No one is as dumb as I thought they were.

7. “What’s to say you coming through the portal and ending up here wasn’t what was meant to happen in the first place? What if you didn’t belong there?”
Because the truth of it is I can’t imagine a world that says Ben doesn’t belong with me.

8. If he ends up dying because I was turned on, I might shoot myself.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...