Thursday, 27 June 2013

Review: The Quarryman's Bride

The Quarryman’s Bride
Series:  Land of Shinning Water
Author: Tracie Peterson
Publisher: Bethany House Publishing
Genre:  Fictions, Romance, Historical, Christian
Release Date:  June 1st 2013
Pages:  352
Format: Paperback
Source: A copy was provided by the publisher fo review
View/Purchase:  Goodreads, Chapters/Indigo.ca/KOBO, Amazon, B&N, The Book Depository


Rating


Reason chosen:  

I was asked if I wanted to read it, and I did.


Summary taken from Goodreads:

Emmalyne Knox and Tavin MacLachlan were destined to be together...until the tragic deaths of Emmalyne's youngest sisters. Family tradition mandates that the youngest daughter should remain single to care for her parents in their old age, and now that daughter is Emmalyne. Her father unyielding, Emmalyne surrenders to her duty, heartbroken. Tavin leaves town, equally devastated.

Years later, Emmalyne's family moves, and she and Tavin meet again. Their feelings for each other are as strong as ever, but their painful past and Emmalyne's father still stand between them. Soon both families are in the midst of the growing conflict rising between the workers at the granite quarry that Tavin's father owns and operates. When a series of near-fatal accidents occur, Tavin must figure out who is behind the attacks before someone gets killed.

Bound by obligation, yet yearning for a future together, can Emmalyne and Tavin dare to dream that God could heal a decade-long wound and change the hearts of those who would stand in the way of true love?

Review:

I knew this book wouldn’t let me down for a good wholesome romance, but, of course, with some mystery and drama wrapped in! I really enjoyed the first novel and the characters in it, and thankfully I enjoyed this story and these characters as well. I think I’ve always been a suck for the “one that got away” stories, and I loved the value that was places on family and duty in this novel and the fight that everyone has with these characteristics in their lives verses their heart. It had me crying, and had my hoping for the main characters. It was a book that I rather enjoyed reading and wouldn’t mind reading another book in the series.

Good:

The characters.--They were equally different and similar. 

Bad: 

There were some slow moments in the novel where I did find myself easily distracted.

Overall (Writing style, story line, and general):

Overall this book was an enjoyable read. Bethany House publishing has yet to let me down with their historical romance novels, and this book is no exception. I found myself relating the characters and to their situations (a little bit). I smiled, I cried, and my heart fluttered with anticipation while reading this novel. 

Previously In the Series:

The Icecutter’s Daughter (#1)-> Click for review

Next in the Series:

The Miner’s Lady (#3) ETA: Sept 1st 2013

Viewer Type Recommendation:

If you love a good old fashion historical romance than this is a book for you.

If you liked this you'll probably love:

Unrivaled by Siri Mitchell, Swept Away by Mary Connealy, Picture Perfect by Janice Thompson, A Change of Fortune by Jen Turano, Courting Cate by Leslie Gould, A Tailor-Made Bride and ShortStraw Bride by Karen Witemeyer

Read Completely: 
Yes


Author Info:

Author Website/Blog: http://traciepeterson.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TraciePetersonAuthor?ref=ts

This book was provided courtesy of the author/publisher for review; however, this is no way affected my review. 
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...