Friday, 9 August 2013

Quotes: The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins


Here are some of my favourite quotes from:
#1: The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (Click link for Analytical review and a simple review will be linked in there)

There are spoilers. Just sayin'.

1. “Remember, we're madly in love, so it's all right to kiss me anytime you feel like it.”

2. “You don’t forget the face of the person who was your last hope.” 

3. “Destroying things is much easier than making them.”

4. Peeta sighs. "Well, there is this one girl. I’ve had a crush on her ever since I can remember. But I’m pretty sure she didn’t know I was alive until the reaping."
Sounds of sympathy from the crowd. Unrequited love they can relate to.
She have another fellow?" asks Caesar.
I don’t know, but a lot of boys like her," says Peeta.
So, here’s what you do. You win, you go home. She can’t turn you down then, eh?" says Caesar encouraging-ly.
I don’t think it’s going to work out. Winning...won’t help in my case," says Peeta.
Why ever not?" says Caesar, mystified.
Peeta blushes beet red and stammers out. "Because...because...she came here with me.” 

5. I don't want to lose the boy with the bread.

6. I can feel Peeta press his forehead into my temple and he asks, “So now that you've got me, what are you going to do with me?” I turn into him. 
“Put you somewhere you can't get hurt.”

7. Stupid people are dangerous.

8. “You’ve got about as much charm as a dead slug.”

9. “Yes, frosting. The final defense of the dying.”

10. It crosses my mind that Cinna's calm and normal demeanor masks a complete madman.

11. “One more time? For the audience?" he says. His voice isn't angry. It's hollow, which is worse. Already the boy with the bread is slipping away from me.
I take his hand, holding on tightly, preparing for the cameras, and dreading the moment when I will finally have to let go

12. District 12: Where you can starve to death in safety.

13. Yes, and I’m sure the arena will be full of bags of flour for me to chuck at people.

14. Sometimes, when I clean a kill, I feed Buttercup the entrails. He has stopped hissing at me.
Entrails. No hissing. This is the closest we will ever come to love.

15. Exactly how am I suppose to work in a thank-you in there? Somehow it just won’t seem sincere if I’m trying to slit his throat.

16. It was considered very anti-climactic in the Capitol, all those quiet, bloodless deaths.

17. A kind Peeta Mellark is far more dangerous to me than an unkind one.

18. Barbarism? That’s ironic coming from a woman helping to prepare us for slaughter.

19. I have not be oblivious to him as I imagined, either. The flour. The wrestling. I have kept track of the boy with the bread.

20. “It’s lovely. If only you could frost someone to death.”

21. Sick and disoriented, I am able to form only one thought: Peeta Mellark just saved my life. 

22. Before I can stop myself, I call out Peeta’s name.

23. I’ve left on Peeta’s undershorts because they’re not in bad shape and I don’t want to pull them over the swollen thighs and, all right, maybe the idea of him being naked makes me uncomfortable.

24. “Katniss?” Peeta says. I meet his eyes, knowing my face must be some shade of green. He mouths the words. “How about a kiss?”

25. “Trust me. Killing things is much easier than this,” I said. “Although for all I know, I am killing you.”
“Can you speed it up a little?” he asks.
“No. Shut up and eat your pears,” I say.

26. “What was that you were saying just before the good arrive? Something about me...no competition...best thing that ever happened to you...”

27. “His smile is the same whether  in mud or in the Capitol, and when I see it, I take about three steps and fling myself into his arms.



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...