Tuesday, 1 October 2013

Quotes: Death, Doom, and Detention by Darynda Jones


Here are some of my favourite quotes from my recent read:
Death, Doom, and Detention (Darklight #2) by Darynda Jones (Click title for review)

As always there may be some spoilers. 

1. I was white. Chalk had more color than I did. And quite possibly more personality. 

2. Hypothermia. That’s what they called it. I called it being freaking alive, and I couldn’t have been more grateful.

3. “No way. I'm so in, it's unreal. I just want you to know that if we make it to Plan E, I'm running. Far away. And possibly changing my name.”

4. The near-death experiences taught me a valuable lesson: Never get hit by a huge green delivery truck if I can help it.

5. “Really?” Cameron asked as he looked me up and down, his expression full of mirth. “You thought you could sneak away from us by using the front door?”
“Shut up.”
“Stealthy. You’re like a ninja.” He chuckled.

6. “There’s a disturbance in the air, and that guy is disturbing.”
“Really?” Brooke asked. “In what way?”
“In a disturbing way.”

7. Brooklyn glanced at me, her eyes pleading. “Can I tell him? Please? I’ll do your algebra homework.”
With a snort, I said, “I would let you kick him in the face for a free homework night. Deal.”

8. The last thing I remembered was Brooke demonstrating the quadratic formula as she did my homework. Which would explain the sudden onset of narcolepsy.

9. “Are you with us?” Cameron asked, waving a hand in front of his face. When Jared scowled, Cameron flipped him off and asked, “How many fingers am I holding up?”

10. “Fine.” I shooed him away with both hands. “Get to class. History awaits.”
He laughed. “I don’t think Mr. Burke likes me.”
“That might change if you’d stop correcting him.”
He raised his hands helplessly. “Your history books are full of errors. I’m just trying to help.”

11. Brooke and I looked at each other. At least, I was pretty sure it was Brooke. In the low light, it could have been Elvis.

12. I whirled around, but no one was there. Without looking away, I started backing towards the door. Towards Brooke. Towards safety.
Or, well towards a short chick with a killer glare.

13. I glances at Brooke’s last text. She was wondering where she could get some sedatives because Cameron was much easier to deal with doped.

My favourite:

14. “You’re one of us. You’re nephilim. Why are you fighting with that thing?”
“I’m not one of you.” Cameron raked a cold gaze over him. “You’re a copy of a copy.” He threw back his shoulders. “I’m the real deal, bitch.”


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...