Thursday, 17 October 2013

Review: Endless Knight by Kresley Cole

Endless Knight
Series: Arcana Chronicles #2 
Author: Kresley Cole
Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Genre:  YA, Romance, Dystopian, Fantasy, Supernatural
Release Date:  Oct 1st 2013
Pages:  335
Format: Hardcover (signed edition)
Source: A copy was provided by the author for review!
View/Purchase:  Goodreads | Chapters/Indigo.ca/KOBO | Amazon | B&N | The Book Depository
Rating: 


Reason chosen:  

I was contacted by the author’s assistant about reviewing the book and I basically cried with Joy, because I would have read this bad boy no matter what!

Summary taken from Goodreads:

In this seductive follow-up to Poison Princess, #1 New York Times bestselling author Kresley Cole takes us deeper into the dark world of the Arcana Chronicles.

Shocking Secrets

Evie has fully come into her powers as the Tarot Empress, and Jack was there to see it all. She now knows that the teens who've been reincarnated as the Tarot are in the throes of an epic battle. It's kill or be killed, and the future of mankind hangs in the balance.

Unexpected Allies

With threats lurking around every corner, Evie is forced to trust her newfound alliance. Together they must fight not only other Arcana, but also Bagmen zombies, post-apocalyptic storms, and cannibals.

Gut-Wrenching Treachery

When Evie meets Death, things get even more complicated. Though falling for Jack, she's drawn to the dangerous Endless Knight as well. Somehow the Empress and Death share a history, one that Evie can't remember—but Death can't forget.

Review:

O_0 ...
.........
What a freaking ending!!!!
You know what I did when I finished this book? I stared at it angrily. Why? Because this book left me in torment. Much like Death is in torment. Much like Jack is in torment. Like Evie....like everyone in this books is in torment! My torment? I have to wait (only Kresley Cole) knows how long for the next one...and that makes me angry. This book was amazing. The first one was amazing, so of course it would be. I'll admit I had my doubts. You see in the first book I fell in love with a Cajun. I fell in love hard! And I thought how? How could this be replicated? How could I possible love the second book as much as the first? Just how? 
I now firmly pull my foot from my mouth, because Endless Knight is how. It blew my mind. Here I was thinking one way about a character and the story, and the world gets turned upside down. I don't know if I can explain it to you without ruining, but I will say this:
Death. 
He is vicious and so much else. Heavy on the friggin’ else. I am actually and utterly confused. I have no clue what lies in Evie's future. I have no clue what choices she should make and when I try and ponder her predicament I feel like I need to see a shrink cause I have no clue how I would continue this story and I have no clue how Kresley Cole will. All I know is I'm craving a Cajun and the third novel in this series STAT!

Good:

Jack- Because he’s Jack. 

Evie- Because she is so complicated and torn

Death-Because he’s Death, and so very-much like Jack. Which is something I realized this very second. 

Matthew- He is confusing. 

All the Arcana- Because they are all awesome in their own way.

Bad: 

The fact that the book came to an end.

Overall (Writing style, story line, and general):

Overall this book was mind-blowing. It has left me with a reading high and I can’t wait for the next in the series! Kresley Cole has left me dumbfounded and not sure what to think aside from knowing that I want more.Although its somewhat hard to keep track of all the Arcana’s and their present and past selves I was still able to keep up with the book and never really had to re-read anything. Actually Kresley Cole was nice enough to include a written list about a quarter way through with every persons name and their card making it easy for me to refer back to. I am absolutely emerged in this dystopian world where the cards pasts reflect their future and affect their lives. I want to make a call that Jack is going to be the card that doesn’t know they are a card until they kill an Arcana, but that seems a little too easy, so I’ll just keep it in my back pocket for now and come back to it later. The kind of fantasy that Kresley Cole is use to writing is sometimes out of my comfort zone, but this series makes me want to break that comfort zone time and time again as long as i get to spend some time with Evie, Death, and especially..Jack.  

Quotes:

Click here for some of my favourite quotes!

Previously In the Series:

Poison Princess (#1) ->Click for review

Next in the Series:

Not announced as of yet

Viewer Type Recommendation:

If you love an apocalyptic romance, with zombies, teens, and fortold futures where said teens are responsible for the saving or destruction of the world, than this is the book for you. If its not…pick it up anyhow and give it a try.

If you liked this you'll probably love:

Divergent series by Veronica Roth, Unraveling series by Elizabeth Norris, White Rabbit Chronicles by Gena Showalter, Greta and the Goblin King by Chloe Jacobs, Covenant Series by Jennifer L. Armentrout, The Iron King by Julie Kagawa, Dualed by Elsie Chapman, The Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins, DemonTrapper series by Jana Oliver, Lux series by Jennifer L. Armentrout, Struck by Jennifer Bosworth, Providence series by Jamie McGuire, Personal Demons by Lisa Desrochers, Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake, Mortal Instruments and Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare, Hush Hush series by Becca Fitzpatrick

Read Completely: 
Yes


Trailer:



Author Info:

Author Website/Blog: http://kresleycole.com, http://www.thearcanachronicles.com
Twitter: @kresleycole
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/KresleyCole

This book was provided courtesy of the author/publisher for review; however, this is no way affected my review.
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic review!! I feel the same as you! This series is my MOST anticipated!
    In the first one, I hated Death, but in this one, he is seriously redeeming himself!
    I LOVE how KC can do that with those "villianous" characters. I can't wait to see the twists and turns she throws in with the next one.
    Thank you for sharing your thoughts and for the recommendations. I have only read Hunger Games, but plan to read the Divergent series, too.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...