(Because you're talking about the smexy stuff in public)
But, then something happened. Things were changing. I’m not sure if it was myself or the books. I think maybe a little of both. I know it was a little of both.
- Le Insta-love. Complete and utter bullshit. Every once and a while it’s ok. But, it also has to be done well. This whole falling in love with someone the moment you see them is crap and over-played. I’m sorry, but in my opinion that’s just liking how they look.
- The “I couldn’t help myself/I just had to”. I couldn’t help myself I just had to follow her. I just had to make sure they were ok. ...And I feel like you've already lost me. This usually comes early on in the book and now when I see this I think about not even finishing the book. I keep going, but I've usually been right, this usually sets the tone.
- The “I just had to protect her”. That one is just pretty self-explanatory, and most of the time when I come across it I can’t help but think “Give me a break!”.
- Broken. Someone is always broken. Something huge has happened to them and affected them to the point where they can’t have a relationship or let anyone in.
- The Rich Kid. This doesn’t always happen, but it’s around a lot. I mean A LOT.
- Alpha Males. So after having read a bunch of New Adult books I once came across a book that did not have an alpha male…and I super appreciated it.
- The perfectly toned men. Ever noticed how female always mentions that the guy is perfectly chiselled like a greek Adonis? Six pack, or sometimes eight pack? Don’t get me wrong…I like me a well made man, but that’s not always reality. What happend to average?
- Big Junk. I mean really? Always? And does it always have to be pointed out?
Do you agree with me? What do you guys think about the NA genre?